Assuming you aren’t living in a museum, I’m sure you’ve experienced your share of mold. Mold can be present in a variety of different colors, but you’ll know if mold is growing just by looking at the affected area. The area will be a different color than the original surface.
Ever wonder what causes pink mold in your bathroom?
Low air circulation, warm environments, poor lighting and high humidity are the culprits behind this. Usually caused by a type of bacterium known as Serratia Marcescens, (which is present in household air) causes pink mold to form in the bathroom. Serratia Marcescens stays present, looking for a suitable environment to latch onto and start growing. Typically, it chooses areas that are warm and moist, in other words……
Not only does mold ruin your surfaces, but it can ruin your health as well. Some people are more sensitive to the effects of mold than others, but either way, it is definitely something you want far away from you, your family and your pets.
According to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), “Mold growth, which often looks like spots, can be many different colors, and can smell musty. If you can see or smell mold, a health risk may be present. You do not need to know the type of mold growing in your home, and CDC does not recommend or perform routine sampling for molds. No matter what type of mold is present, you should remove it.”
is better than curing. Get some air flowing before and after a shower, this will keep the bacterium from settling. If you do already have it, you can mix a few teaspoons of Tea Tree Oil with warm water in a spray bottle, spray it onto the affected area and let it sit for several minutes. Use a disposable toothbrush or grout brush to scrub it off, reapply the Tea Tree mixture as needed. Tea Tree Oil has anti-fungal & anti-bacterial properties which makes it a great natural alternative to Bleach. Tea Tree Oil can actually keep the mold away longer than Bleach.
When you do your Spring Cleaning this year, make sure to check corners high and low in any room that doesn’t have a lot of air flow, gets damp or smells musty.